[guardian-dev] Silent Text for Android - interesting feature

Matej Kovacic matej.kovacic at owca.info
Mon Jul 29 08:05:36 EDT 2013

hi,

> There is one and only one way to properly implement automatic deletion
> on the recipient side - through getting the recipient to agree.
>
> My suggestion to make sure the users gets the expectations set right
> is to simply have an *auto-delete request* with the messages, and the
> recipient can decide if he wants to honor it or not (should be a
> setting, not per message; and the recipient *should* also be honest to
> the sender if he will honor it or not, but we can't enforce that kind
> of honesty with code).
Actually, I agreee. Maybe there should be an option to notify the sender
that message has been deleted?

So... sender sends the message with auto-delete request, recipient gets
the message, deletes it and reply the sender with a notice message has
been deleted.

Notice will not be displayed, but rather it will be marked near the
message that the message has been deleted on the other side...

Regards,

Matej