[guardian-dev] State of Mobile XMPP | XEP-0198 &

Pranesh Prakash pranesh at cis-india.org
Thu Jan 16 14:00:42 EST 2014

http://fnanp.in-ulm.de/blog/2014/01/16/01-woes.html

> chatsecure, formerly known as Gibberbot, is probably the most feature-complete xmpp-app for Android, at least according to its specs. Supports OTR as well as XEP-0198.

> Chatsecure works as advertised some of the time. And then it doesn't. And then it has trouble reconnecting. And then it takes 5 minutes to reconnect. And then it sometimes doesn't see contacts as online even though they clearly are and nothing can make it see the error of its ways. So even though on paper it should be the best client out there, it made my blood boil with anger ...

Is there a listing of all the XEPs that Chatsecure implements?  I could easily find such listings for yaxim and Xabber:
http://yaxim.org/features/
http://www.xabber.org/

And maybe these guys can use GnuPG for Android?  Would that be possible in the current state of GnuPG for Android?
https://github.com/pfleidi/yaxim/issues/83

--
Pranesh Prakash
Policy Director, Centre for Internet and Society