[guardian-dev] Build process for Android Tor binary

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Tue Jan 28 11:15:08 EST 2014

On 01/27/2014 11:42 AM, Rod Hynes wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Michael Rogers
> <michael at briarproject.org> wrote:
>> I've had a quick play with Ploggy and it looks like a really nice app;
>> I love the robot avatars. But I can't work out how to add friends. Is
>> the friends tab populated with people who are nearby?
>
> Hi,
>
> You can exchange identities using NFC. All the Ploggy Activities are
> wired to send NFC messages once an identity has been generated. So you
> just put the devices together with Ploggy in the foreground and then
> you get an Add Friend prompt. Because of how Android Beam works, the
> NFC exchange is unidirectional only, so you have to do two Android
> Beams actions to exchange identities in both directions.

I also struggled with the unidirectionality of NFC, but then I discovered that
both users can tap to send at the same time, and both sides with send and
receive.  So really, its an interaction question: Android has set up NFC to
only send data with user confirmation, which is done by tapping the screen
once in the NFC "zoom" mode.

.hc