[guardian-dev] gibberbot/chatsecure on f-droid repo

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Wed Dec 18 10:14:06 EST 2013

On 12/18/2013 09:07 AM, krugar at krugar.info wrote:

> it looks like the index.xml on your f-droid repo still points to
> chatsecure 13.0.5, while chatsecure-latest.apk contains 13.0.6.
> this leads to a "downloaded file is corrupted" error when trying to
> update/install via f-droid.

Grr. Thanks for the note. I am doing something wrong here, as I have
tried to fix this once already. Will carefully check and try once more
to regenerate the repo index.

> also, in 13.0.6, the initial password setup fails for me (clicking on
> the "set up a password" button simply opens the accounts-view without
> any option to give a password). this is on cyanogenmod 10 (android 2.3.6).

You need to enter a password in the "New Password" text field before you
hit the "set password" button. If you don't put anything in, we think
you want a blank password.

That said, we should be a bit smarter about parsing that field and
double checking that is what you want.

> sorry for not going via the bugtracker for this.

No problem. Thanks for the report.

+n